05 May 2009

Sobbed:

"I saw what your mother was doing. I saw how neglected you were; I saw her drive your father off and I spent a lot of time beating myself up about that. But what does that do for you? Nothing. Nothing. I wasn't your advocate. I didn't fight for you. I never stood up for you. I let myself off the hook. I told myself I was young and didn't know any better, but I did know better. I wasn't much younger than you are now. I should have fought for you, Meredith. Like you fought for that child today. I told myself that I wasn't your father. That it wasn't my responsibilty, that I was right not to but in. I let myself off the hook. You were helpless. You were a baby. Beautiful. Smart. Funny little girl. And no one stood up for you. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." - Dr. Webber (Grey's Anatomy) (Make fun, and I shall kill you)



0 comments: